Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter Olympics

On Saturday morning we woke up earlier-ish, like 8:30am, hoping to catch some of the Opening Ceremonies but one of our roommates was watching something else. Oh well. Later I heard about the luger who died and thought "Oh great, is this going to be known as the Death Games now??"
Much to my delight I found out later they were playing it again in primetime! So I watched the full thing, start to finish, well almost. I left the room for most of the singing. Anyways, here are my comments:
Cool set-up at BC place, with the projection on the floor and shit
USA had bad hats
Ugh to Nelly Furtado and Brian Adams, and Sarah Mchoweveryousayandspellit.
I liked the slam poet guy, but not his neck beard
Ashley McIsaac is still around?!
That opera singer near the end was scary
YES! Wayne Gretzky! YES!

Luckily the British (and French Canadian hating) boyfriend went to bed and didn't watch with me, otherwise I would've been answering stupid questions all night, haha.
I was a little scared of what the Australian commentators and coverage would be like, but so far so good. For the Ceremonies they hardly spoke and just read the script and they're showing live stuff pretty much all day. AND Grant Hackett is there as a correspondent!

No comments: