Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th

Today is Friday the 13th... and usually I go into a Friday the 13th thinking uh-oh, something bad is going to happen today! but nothing happens. Well today things happened!
I started my day by putting a load of laundry in the washer, no dramas... until the power went out. Our power has been flashing on and off quite a bit in the last week or two but it's usually only for 30 seconds or a minute. We attributed it to the weather as it's been pretty windy and rainy. Today was a beautiful sunny day and the power stayed off for over 3 hours (the landlord was contacted after 25mins of no power but never ended up coming by). Next door had power, it was just us. And of course the power went off when my laundry was just about to go into the final spin cycle, thus it sat in water for all that time. yay.
A smaller weird thing was the sat-nav taking me the wrong way to a job interview... this may not be due to the date though, this may have been due to my inexperience with sat-navs... I usually like to look up where I'm going online but since the power and thus internet was out I couldn't do that today.
Another bad thing was that I hit a parked car. I was parallel parking into a pretty small space for our boat of a car and I nudged the car in front of me. It seemed like I really banged it and I was expecting the worst... but there was no mark at all... the owner even came back while I was still in my by-then-parked-car, put stuff in the trunk, walked right by the corner I'd hit, got in and drove away. Phew.
And a final bad thing that happened was again to do with washing machine. When housemate Leah went to do some laundry later in the day, after the power was back on, the washer overflowed and partially flooded the little laundry/bathroom/mudroom! Nothing was ruined, except now our washer is on the fritz.

On a more positive note I got the job I had the interview for (full time at last!) and none of the kids in my kindy swim lessons classes puked :)

Oh and PS My basil plant is definitely dead now. Pictures to come! haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bad things always happen in 3's. Weird eh?
Great! A full time job.