Sunday, March 20, 2011

Barossa Valley

Last weekend Andy and I ventured to the fabled Barossa Valley wine region for a special birthday treat. Since it was a long weekend, due to Adelaide Cup, we went up Sunday and came back Monday. We enjoyed some delicious wine at Peter Lehmann's and a delightful local produce platter for lunch.
After checking into the hotel we thought it would be a shame not to visit Jacob's Creek, like the original one, and sadly we were very let down. The wines we tasted were not very good and the service and just whole experience was cold. The only positive was the emus they had in a enclosure on the way out!
The next day we meandered back to Adelaide and I spent the day laying about while Andy baked me a Snickers Cheesecake that was incredible!
That afternoon we went to our local pub to bet on the big Adelaide Cup horse race... sadly none of our horses won. Booooooooo. But I suppose that's what I get for putting money on a horse named 'Guyno.'

@ Peter Lehmann

Andy the Emu whisperer at Jacob's Creek 

That's Jacob's Creek behind me 

Snicker's Cheesecake!

No comments: