Friday, October 30, 2009

Peace the F*CK OUT


I did it; I left Tully! We are now in Cairns on the brink of our big trip. We are a group of 6: Myself, the English boyfriend Andy, Italians Tommaso and Gianluca, and finally English Rob and his significant other Japanese Sachiko Morikawa (she goes by Mori). We’ll meet up with two others: Manchurian Dan and his mate who none of us have met Carl. But for the weekend we are in Cairns for 2 nights to let loose and celebrate our freedom. A few weekends ago Shawshank Redemption was on TV and Andy likened Tully to an institution. I couldn’t agree more and am glad to out of there at last.
Here is a quick summary of our trip:
Cairns for 2 nights, where on Sunday we’ll rent a car and start driving down the East Coast towards the Gold Coast.
One night in Airlie Beach
One night in Sunshine Coast
One night in Gold Coast/Coolangatta
November 4th fly from Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur, Malayasia
One night in KL at the FIVE STAR HOTEL “The Legend” (we found a sweet deal online)
November 5th fly from KL to Phuket, Thailand!
A couple weeks in Thailand followed by a week in Laos followed by 2 more weeks in Thailand that will include the Full Moon Party on Ko Phangan
December 8th fly from Krabi, Thailand back to KL
One night in KL
December 10th at 1am fly back to Australia

After that we’ll go our separate ways: most of us will fly to Melbourne and some will go back to Gold Coast. I’ll continue my marathon travel day with a flight to Sydney, then a flight to LAX, and finally a flight to YYZ with a December 11th 6am arrival, yay!

Anyways, since I’ve now returned to civilization stay tuned for regular updates. Asia has free wifi coming out its ass and I intend to take full advantage. Hopefully I’ll get my pics up to date too (that includes the rest of New Zealand from February, ekk!, and the rest of my Australia trip and mofo-ing Bali!).

No comments: