Friday, October 30, 2009

Tully; End of Days

A few weeks ago I got a very bad sunburn on my chin and ended up getting antibiotics for it. This also resulted in a week off work. I applied for my second visa though and got it, phew!
I write this now on Thursday, October 29th, the day before we leave Tully for Cairns and beyond. I couldn’t be more excited. When I finished work yesterday I had a huge smile on my face the whole ride back into town from the farm. Our timing couldn’t be better in my opinion; it rained all day yesterday, the first time the weather has been like this since my arrival in Tully… wettest town in Australia my ass. Rumor has it that the area will only get half the rain it usually does this summer… certainly not good for the 40+ banana farms that call Tully home. Wait, I don’t actually care!
Tonight we’ll celebrate our imminent departure and tomorrow I will post this blog and others using free wifi in Cairns. Yay. Yay. YAY!

PS Bad news: my camera is broken!

No comments: