Friday, January 9, 2009

First of many Dance Party 2009s

On Wednesday night I almost didn’t go out and then it ended up being one of the funnest nights in Byron yet! Diva and Laurie went to the Beachie to see Donavon Frankenfreter or something play (wasn’t free this time) and Kate and I went to the Aquarius bar because one of the crew there was leaving the next day and she wanted to say goodbye. There was a kid in the bar that night from Kamloops making a scene, stoned off his ass, throwing bottles and whatnot. There was another young alone on the dance floor just ripping it up (badly I might add). We ended up getting a ton of free drinks and dancing the night away after the bar had closed. Welcome to the service industry says Diva. Kate’s co-workers, Meg and Chris (Chris is the bar manager, hence the 100% discount), had a few friends in town from Melbourne who told me that Byron is the place to be in Australia and that people will be impressed that we’ve lived here when we travel to other places around the country. One of their friends was a Kiwi and he told us of a few things to see while we’re in New Zealand next month.
Diva and I stopped at the 23 hour bakery for a dry cookie on the way home and it was quite a scene in there too, but I can’t remember exactly what went down. I do remember eating just the crust of a beef, bacon, and cheese pie as we walked to the bakery and I think it was why I didn’t have a hangover. Pies are magic I tell ya!

No comments: