Saturday, February 14, 2009

Brissy

Happy Valentine's Day!
Today is my third day in Brisbane and it continues to rain. Poopy. Kate and I are staying at her cousin (once removed), Jill's place. It is in the suburb of Chermside and is very nice. Jill has a little jack russel named Meg who has been keeping us entertained. Yesterday I went for a run in the neighborhood and ended up turning my 30min outting into nearly an hour by running into the Raven Street Reserve, getting all turned around and then coming out the other side and not realizing it for about 10mins. I figured it out though, haha.
Last night we went for dinner at a place called Wagamama (Asian fusion, very nice) and then went to the cinema to see He's Just Not That Into You. It was 3/4 decent and quite enjoyable. A note about the cinema here- you are assigned seats when you buy your tickets! No more is the buy your ticket ahead of time and I'll meet you in the theater. No! Now if a large group is going together they must all meet at the same time to be sure they are seated together! I was rather appalled if you can not tell.
Yeah so today we are going into the city to do some sight seeing and Saturday market shopping. And will probably go out and drink our single sorrows away on this romantic holiday tonight ;)

No comments: