Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back at it?

Today I did a practice with my old club team, good ole EBSC. It has been almost exactly 2 months since I was last in the water doing actual swimming (K-town Tri, Aug 3rd, a stagering 750m!). Anywayzzzz, it felt weird: Like I was swimming in a pool of jello. My front end... well I had no front end, all those muscles don't function in that manner anymore. It was enjoyable though and dare I say fun?? The fact that it was only an hour def helped too! hahaha. Also, I definately felt like I got a good workout out of it... when was the last time I can say that about swimming?? I do not know.
So I am going to go back and swim some more. I like being a rec swimmer ;)
I'm also going to coach a little bit. They are looking for a new coach for some of the younger kids and I offered to fill in for the time I'm here slash until they hire someone else. Should be GTs!

In other news my Dad got my car fixed. Should be good as new with its ALIGNMENT all better.
This morning I went to Watertown to pick up the stuff I had shipped via Greyhound. I got stopped at the border both ways. First I was "randomly selected" to go inside and fill out a customs form and have my car searched. And then on the way back they wanted to look over my customs forms from when I came into Canada through Windsor on Saturday and take a look at what I had in the car this time. So that time alone added at least 30mins to my trip. But oh well, I have EVERYTHING now. EVERYTHING. I still don't have enough hangers (I've bought over 30 and still need more) and still need to find a home for my shoes among other things. Ugh, it is neverending.
The weather here is gross. Gray and rainy and cold. Starting to really look forward to Hawaii and spring down under and the whole skipping winter thing.

No comments: