Sunday, October 19, 2008

Time keeps on tickin, tickin, tickin, into the future...


It recently occurred to me that my concept of time has changed… dramatically! “Concept of Time” might not be the best way to describe what I’m getting at here; it’s more like “Concept of Future.” When I swam my life revolved around it: the practices: the meets: the daily schedule even (eating at a certain time, sleeping at a certain time, everything at a certain time!). And now I guess you could say I’m free of all this- my daily schedule is my oyster and I’m slowly getting used to what I should be doing with it- but it’s my ‘concept of future’ that has just now caught my attention. Swim meets used to be what I looked forward too in the not so far future (not so far being 1-2 months) they were the light at the end of the hard training tunnel. But now, as I am about to embark on this trip/journey/travels/move?/whatever, I’m kind of thinking- once I get there and get settled- then what?

I think this could be where I have the biggest post swimming trouble/problems: the loss of the cycle, the hard work rewarded by results (at a meet) in the form of performance cycle. Even though the results weren’t always positive they were always a learning experience and a stepping stone on the path to swimming faster which was the direction I was trying to follow.
What direction does the real world want me to follow? I guess I better take some time to write down some Aussieland related goals… maybe on the beach in Hawaii? In mean time any suggestions would be great!

No comments: