Sunday, July 1, 2007

Montreal

Well I am in Montreal and have been here since Thursday morning at 4am. Yes 4am. Our flight, mine and Pan Am teammate Tommy, was supposed to get to Montreal at 5:15pm on Wednesday, but it was cancelled, so we were re-routed through Chicago. But we had to leave Austin and that flight was originally at 12:20 but got delayed to 5:00pm. Good times in AUS, haha. So since we were so delayed in AUstin we thought we were going to have to RUN to our gate in Chicago to make our connection. So we did run, we had about 20 mins. We made it to our gate and there was a 10min delay, so we had time to grab dinner. When we got back from dinner our flight was delayed 2 more hours! so til 10pm. so we wait. and then they delay it til 11pm because our crew has not arrived. blah. Our crew arrives and we start to board. Then our boarding passes were rejected because there was a weight restriction on the flight! So the airline people are trying to get a bag count from the tarmack to see if they can let more people on board. They can let 3 more on, we are amongst them, i almost have a heart attack from relief. We finally get to montreal at 2:31am EST. it is thunder and lightening. we can't get off the plane because during lightning no one can operate the gate thingy. Meanwhile, as we sit on the plane for 45 more mins we see a continental plane arrive, deplane, and then be towed away empyt. we still sit there. Finally they let us off and we go through customs and get our bags. I arrive at my hotel at 4am! but luckily I can sleep til noon. BUT at 9:30am contruction starts down the hall and it sounds like they are in my room with sledgehammers knocking down my walls.

I am swimming okay at this Grand Prix meet. I was in a head-on collision in warm-up before my 200bk final so that distracted me and my swim suffered. But I still won, the time was just a little not so good, haha.

Anyway, one more day of the meet remains and then we start our "staging camp" on Monday.
It is cold here.

Au Revoir.
La Core de Liz.

No comments: