Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Aloha and Mahalo Hawaii... G'Day Australia!

I made it to Brisbane (Brissy) in almost one piece. In Sydney they took one my Hawaii scores at customs/quarantine, jerks! It was a kukui nut lei and that had honu painted on it... And I was really upset about it until I got on my flight to here and watched the inflight news and learned who won the US election! YAY Obama! And I just finished his book today too. Proud to be American today, or yesterday, haha.
Anyway, my day started this morning at like 4:30am Hawaii time. My Mom was right when she said I wouldn't be able to sleep if I worried about my alarm not going off, I was up every hour checking the time. I didn't need to get up til 5, but the worry of not getting to the airport with enough time etc woke me up. So I've been up for about 21hours, not too bad, I've done worse/better? And of course there were naps scattered throughout the 10.5 hour flight from Honolulu (strong head winds apparently).
I am also very sore from yesterdays surfing outting. I feel like I used to after our weightlifting program would change or get heavier, or after the days when we would test in the weightroom (max out). Feels good to know that I can still make myself sore!
So now I am at this hostel called BUNK, it's giant, can sleep like 285 or something sick like that? It's clean at least and cheap. They don't have wireless so I paid the $4 for an hour in their internet lounge.
I think I should shower and go to bed... I think I need to buy a real towel since all I have is the blood stained one from when I took the spill on the rocks and then trespassed a bunch. Good times, hahaha.

No comments: